Thursday 24 January 2013

Raspberry and Chocolate Blondies


All this playing in the snow has worked up big appetites. The cinnamon roll cake I baked disappeared in less than 24 hours so I searched for something new to back to fill up the cake tin and found this recipe over on BBC Food. It calls for 150g of white chocolate and I only had 100g (less the bits filched while I was chopping it) so I adapted the recipe to suit what was in my cupboard. They don't look anywhere near as perfect as the BBC's, but they taste gorgeous and I can't imagine they'll last long



  • 200g Stork
  • 75g white chocolate , roughly chopped 
  • 100g milk or plain chocolate, chopped
  • 300g light muscovado sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 200g self raising flour
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 125g frozen raspberries 
  • 1/3 bag of mini-marshmallows (optional)

Method
  1. Grease and line brownie tin (mine is 9x13in) and preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced) or Gas mark
  2. Melt margarine. Take off the head and add chopped white chocolate. stir gently so it melts and mixes in nicely
  3. beat sugar with eggs until light and frothy
  4. fold in flour, sugar, vanilla and salt. 
  5. pour in margarine mix and stir in gently with spoon or spatula
  6. pour batter into tin and sprinkle over chocolate, raspberries and marshmallows evenly
  7. bake 50 minutes and leave to cool in the tin
Gives around 15 squares.

These are wonderfully squidgy with the chocolate and raspberries sinking to the bottom and the marshmallows all gooey on the crispy top.

If you like this, why not stay up to date easily by following via Google or bloglovin', and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That looks just gorgeous and I reckon my kids would devour it really quickly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm.... I absolutely adore white choc and raspberry blondies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete