Monday 7 January 2013

Meal Planning Monday - 7 January 2013


I am well and truly into the swing of 2013 now and though I haven't actually got back on the diet wagon (wow, two cliches in one sentence!) I have at least stopped eating crap. Now the kids are back at school I plan for two fast days this week with just a light dinner.

Here's a pic of last week's chicken & veg stew with thyme dumplings - it was delicious! I got three meals out of one chicken which made the thrifty side of me very happy.


Many of this week's recipes are taken from Six Sisters 100 Healthy Recipe Ideas. Not all of the recipes are there, but it's a great link for inspiration, especially if you are feeling a bit lazy as I am today.

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast (no recipe, but have been inspired by this)
Baked Fajitas
Chicken Stir Fry
Lifechanging Soup (via Penelope's Pantry)
Leftovers/Whatever


Have a great week and don't forget to check out Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday linky or search #mealplanningmonday on Twitter for more inspiration.


If you like this, why not stay up to date easily by following via Google or bloglovin', and thanks for reading!


9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Lovely meals, I love Six Sisters stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you, too!
    They have such inspiring recipes, don't they. It's amazing how much of what I Pin (especially sweet recipes) come from them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks! I am pretty bad at food photos, especially when it's steaming but it really was fast and easy to make and bloody gorgeous.
    I used this recipe for the dumplings
    http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/vegetable-stew-with-herb-dumplings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stew looks yummy! Ideal in the build up to spring when it's still cold and you need something warm and filling. Have a great week lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that picture is mouth watering!
    And spinach stuffed chicken sounds Yum x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What made it taste even better was that Asda delivered me a super-duper massive massaged organic grain fed chicken as a price-matched substitute for the normal one I had ordered

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Six Sisters website - their cashew chicken is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never seen the Six Sisters website before so will check it out. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete