Wednesday 30 January 2013

Random Likings - 30 January 2013

It's been a bit of mixed week's work this week and in the process I have unearthed a few new sites I could waste a lot of time on.

1. The first is Huntfun (www.huntfun.co.uk)


If you want a reason to get out for a walk and Geocaching isn't your thing, or you're just looking for something different to do these maps could be the key. You can download them to print out or download the app, select a suitable type of hunt (kids, groups, corporate team building, hen/stag parties) and go. They aren't free but you can usually find a code of sorts kicking around on sites like moneysupermarket.com
 
2. Searching for the perfect full skirted shirt dress led me to Modcloth (www.modcloth.com). *warning* don't go here unless you're happy to be tempted to spend a truckload of cash. Unfortunately the dress I wanted is totally out of stock in all colours but they have so many nice items for sale I am sure I'll find something to replace it in my affections


3. I am sure I have seen this site before and forgotten about it until this week when I re-discovered 80s Tapes (80s-tapes.blogspot.co.uk). This is an awesome labour of love where you'll find a trip down memory lane with your name on it, especially if you grew up in Australia or New Zealand in the 1980s.

4. Take Them a Meal (www.takethemameal.com) appeals to my love of warm fuzzy stories about people helping others. It's a site that lets people schedule a plan to help out someone who needs it, either because they're ill or lost their spouse, have a new baby, or whatever. It has a lot of nice stories and a pretty big bank of recipes of meals which are simple to prepare and freeze well whether or not you're making them for someone else. 

5. James Campbell (www.thejamescampbell.com) Has anyone seen this guy? I read about him in an old Time Out article as a "comedian for kids" but checking out his site indicates he does a bit more, like hosting theBig Book Babble (www.bigbookbabble.co.uk) which I need to investigate further when I get the chance to watch things online without being constantly asked questions about what I am doing/watching/can I have a snack.
 
And just because I'm feeling generous I'm going to leave you with a funny video from the talented and hilarious Umbilical Brothers. You might know them from the Upside Down Show which was possibly the best thing Nick Jr ever broadcast but this clip is not child friendly!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment