Friday 5 October 2012

Hats!

I've decided to get a proper hat this winter. I love hats and love the way the look when other people wear them but mainly stick to knitted beanie style ones for myself because it's safer. This AW is the year I keep my head warm in style. It's got to be fairly casual because I have two coats: a padded parka style one that I mainly wear, and a black one that's a bit more structured but still fairly swishy with 3/4 bell sleeves that looks nice but isn't very practical in a Welsh winter.

I can't see myself sporting a Marc Jacobs number (either for the price tag or because I'd look like a toadstool)


This trilby is fab, but I'd probably start talking like some 1940s detective in New York


Um... no
                                                                                                             


Is it possible to wear a cloche without looking like an old lady, because I quite like them


This one looks a bit Miss Marple
 
Or maybe a beret?
I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go shopping in a real store to try some on. 

Do you wear a hat?

1 comment:

  1. A hat is a must here in Finland during winter, especially when the temperature goes below zero, all the way to -20-30!
    I like hats too, I tend to wear beanie hats in winter. In summer I only wear my baseball cap when I go running or walking. Like you, I'd love to wear hats more often!

    ReplyDelete