Thursday 26 January 2012

Cupcake Heaven

This recipe combines 2 of my favourite things: sweetened condensed milk and cake. Well, strictly speaking the  condensed milk is combined with a couple of other things to get the cake, but it's CAKE so let's not be picky about the whys and wherefores.



Condensed Milk Cupcakes
(makes 12)

125g self raising flour (or 125g plain flour with 1.5tsp baking powder)
250g sweetened condensed milk
85g margarine or soft butter
1 egg
0.5tsp vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a bowl with electric mixer (unless you have arms like Popeye) for 2-3 mins until fluffy. Spoon into cupcake cases and bake 180C / Gas Mark 4 for 15-18 mins. 

Allow to cool, then ice. I was feeling a little experimental tonight so I made my icing with icing sugar, leftover condensed milk, half a packet of raspberry jelly crystals and some red food colouring. 



I tried taking a photo to show you how soft and pale and fluffy the insides of these cakes are, but my crappy photography skills wouldn't allow it. Just trust me when I say that it is definitely worth giving these a go.

This recipe is well worth sharing so if you like it, be sure to make yourself really popular by passing it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment