Monday 2 January 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 2 Jan 2012

Welcome to 2012! I am trying to muster up enthusiasm as this time of year generally leaves me feeling a little flat. Following on from my get a grip in January post, here is this week's meal plan. I am cross with Asda as what should have cost £57.24, actually cost £64.44 as they delivered a piece of beef more than twice as large as ordered. It's put me over budget for the week so I will try and claw that back at some point.
  • BBQ Chicken fajita layer (only uses half a pack of wraps if I make it like lasagne)
  • beef pot roast (using up leftover roasties and Yorkshire puds from freezer)
  • meatloaf (using turkey mince as it's cheapest, and left over packet of stuffing)
  • sausage casserole
  • egg, beans and chips
  • beer chicken
  • ham and potato casserole (using left over gammon from freezer)
Don't forget to check out the linky on Mrs M's blog for more menu ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Beer chicken sounds interesting. Have you made it before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not yet. I haven't got an exact recipe but it goes something like chicken, veg, beer and stock in the slow cooker for a couple of hours, the thicken some of the liquid to make a sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! I've never made a meatloaf before but it's been on my things to do for ages.

    ReplyDelete