Monday 30 May 2011

Meal Planning Monday

Wow, another Monday is here already. Where is time going? Last week's plan was a relative success, with 5 out of 7 meals getting cooked. The other 2 weren't Slimming World friendly, nor was the chocolate cake I made on Friday (which lasted less than 48 hours, though I'm not the only glutton in the house so it wasn't all due to me). The new recipes I tried were quite nice. I ended up substituting cauliflower for chicken in the curry, so it was vegetarian. The sticky 5 spice gammon ended up being sticky 5 spice chicken as I didn't have the gammon I thought I had in the freezer. It was a little salty, but otherwise quite tasty. I served it with steamed bok choi and rice noodles.


This week is half term which, in theory, shouldn't make any difference to meals, but always does.
Monday: Chicken fried rice (this didn't get made last week and I still have the ingredients to use up)
Tuesday: meatloaf and wedges with wilted spinach (I love spinach)
Wednesday: frittata with salad
Thursday: Quorn sausages, baked beans, and cheesy cauliflower mash (a nice low-carb alternative to potato)
Friday: cauliflower and butternut squash curry & brown rice (left over from last week)
Saturday: angel hair pasta with spinach pesto
Sunday: freezer surprise

I tend to cook frittata every week. It's a great way of using up left over things languishing in the fridge, and it's perfect for lunch over the next few days. 
Freezer surprise will be interesting. I'm going to try and do this at least once a week for a while. It's not so good for a Meal Planning Monday blog, but it's good for my pocket as my freezer is pretty full at the moment and I am trying to spend less on our weekly shop. 

Have a look at At Home with Mrs M's blog for more Meal Planning Monday inspiration.

What does your menu look like?


1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am late to commenting on this, man things have got crazy recently!

    I'm a frittata girl too, especially having chickens! Great way of using up stuff.

    ReplyDelete