Friday 28 December 2012

When does Optimism become Stupidity?


Congratulations to Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll who have recently got married. It's her third trip down the aisle and I wish that she wasn't so secretive about it because I would love to see her wedding dress. Kate is my only girl crush - I would be delighted if I looked like her. I am fairly sure I've posted about my admiration for the way she always looks spectacular on the red-carpet and pretty stylish day-to-day as well. I reckon she wore something in heavy oyster silk and 1930s inspired like the woman in this gorgeous 1930s inspired wedding or this stunning original
Photo from http://www.weddingblogdesigner.com


I'm 18 months older than Kate, married at 25 and have just celebrated my 13th wedding anniversary, so to have been married 3 times by now seems a little exhausting, however I sincerely wish her well. Like Elizabeth Taylor (8 times), Zsa Zsa Gabor (9 times), Mickey Rooney (8 times), and countless others with multiple marriages under their belt I admire their romantic enthusiasm. A bad marriage could (ironically) put someone off matrimony for life but Kate and others jump in with both feet, believing that a failed marriage or a romance that has run its course doesn't mean they are unlovable or undeserving of happiness, just that they are with the wrong person.

Kate has been getting a fair amount of stick in readers' comments, as does Ulrika Jonsson (4 children with 4 different fathers) at times, with people calling them stupid, selfish (not thinking of the kids), or weak for constantly needing a man. I do not believe they are any of these things. Their decisions have not been easy and both keep their children out of the limelight therefore showing consideration for their childrens' wellbeing. I think Kate and her ilk are optimistic and I'd like that, should my marriage end, I have their hope, openness to love and enthusiasm that will allow me to find another partner.

What are your thoughts? Leave me a comment and if you know what her dress looked like please share!

3 comments:

  1. I like Kate Winslet too. I don't think she's stupid so I would think that her decision to get married (even though he has the most stupid name ever) was obviously done through love and not some rushed decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's you and me against a legion of DM readers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Man and Van Twickenham

    ReplyDelete