Monday 3 December 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 3 December 2012 (the Fantasy Edition)

Welcome to the Fantasy Edition of Meal Planning Monday. This is where I plan what I wish I was eating instead of what I will actually be eating. It's not that I mind my diet so much, just that Tesco does the planning for me and I miss browsing Pinterest meals board and cooking with my slow cooker. Here is what my alter ego will be eating this week.

(total fantasy since I am the only one in my house who would eat this. Love the serving suggestion "serve it with roast chicken and steamed veg for a complete meal" Mac & Cheese is a complete meal! The only thing you need to serve it with is more Mac & Cheese)
(would swap the rosemary for thyme to go with the chicken)
(anything with sweet chilli sauce is a winner, in my book - unless it's fish)


Mmmm.... I love this meal plan and think I will pop over to my fantasty alter-ego's house for dinner this week. In reality I am sticking to my diet plan and utilising what I have in the freezer & cupboards to make room for CHRISTMAS (yes, it lives in my kitchen).

Have a great week and remember to check out more Meal Planning Monday posts on Mrs M's Linky or follow on Twitter at #mealplanningmonday

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Veg Stew link, I love that one and will definitely give it a try.

    Love the idea of a fantasy meal plan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lasagne sounds lovely, I could imagine it with other veg added, yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to cook this meal plan when I've lost a bit more weight. Maybe a dish a week ... mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i am VERY jealous of your menu. can you come and cook in our house please? love the chicken, butternut squash and quinoa idea. recipe please? :) B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca, I am jealous of this plan as well :) I'm into week 5 of Tesco diets and while the food is pretty varied it doesn't include these, hence my fantasy menu.
    The recipe for that one is at http://www.cookincanuck.com/2011/11/hearty-chicken-stew-with-butternut-squash-quinoa-recipe/

    If you click on any of the pink writing in the menu it's a link that will take you to the right page. These all come from my Pinterest boards so you'll also find the links there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the weight loss. I still have the family to cook for but Jenny Craig plan my meals atm! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't torture yourself! ;) Have pinned the coconut chicken, that sounds lovely x

    ReplyDelete