Tuesday 28 February 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 27 February 2012


Here we are again! (People will start to talk, you know).

Last week's meal plan, designed to get the kids eating a broader variety of food, was a considered success. My 9 year old is definitely less fussy than he was a year ago, so that's something. I made them eat at least 3 bites before telling me they didn't like it. The bolognaise sauce was a bit rich for them (I made it the way I like it - really hearty and with passata) so I will make a weaker version using tinned tomatoes for the sausuage and pasta dish this week. I didn't make toad in the hole for some reason.

Sausage and pasta bake, sweetcorn & carrots
cottage pie with butternut and cauliflower mash
chicken kiev, new potatoes, peas & carrots
crockpot chicken cordon bleu *
Chicken & stir fry veg
Battered fish (again by request)
left overs

*From Confessions of a Semi-Domesticated Mama's meal plan last week

Remember to check out Mrs M's Linky for more Monday  (or Tuesday) meal plans.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I love chicken kiev but hubby has a real aversion to garlic so I can never eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband did when we met, but he's had to get over it as I love it and he doesn't cook :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in, sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete