Feeling all Stepford Wife at 7.30am (though would a Stepford have let it get in that state in the first place? ) I found a quick recipe using ingredients I already had. It's a recipe for Blondies, but I made it in a larger tin, thereby making them more biscuit-like.
half cup melted butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar (I only had light brown, so I added a tablespoon of treacle)
1 cup self raising flour (or plain with 1tsp baking powder)
1 beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Grease and line tin. Mine is 9.5in x 12.5in. If you used an 8in x 8in tin they would be more like blondies.
- stir sugar into melted butter until smooth
- add egg and vanilla and mix well
- add flour
- add any extras. I had half a bag of choc chips so I put those in, but you can use nuts or just leave them plain
- Pour into tin. Don't worry if it doesn't all reach the corners. It will spread when cooking.
- Cook 25 minutes or so. Allow to cool in tin and slice.
It makes around 15 lovely chewy biscuits.