Monday 3 October 2011

Meal Planning Monday - 3 October


October? October! Can someone please tell me how it got to be October already? I am sure it was only April last week, though given the weather I could have been excused for thinking it was July. 

Here is this week's plan. I'm a bit confused by it all this week as I scribbled October's plan down and then randomly chose meals from it when I did the shopping (always online via My Supermarket). Stupidly I can't remember what I chose so it's a matter of trying to match ingredients to what's on the list.

Sticky 5 Spice Gammon
Moroccan chicken in the slow cooker
(same as the other week. It has been requested again). 
chicken and mushroom pancakes
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Quorn, veg and noodle stirfry
Egg, chips and beans

I don't know what, if anything, I'll bake this week. I have been eating far too much of what I shouldn't lately and little pickers wear big knickers.

I currently have a chicken in the slow cooker grossing me out. Naked chickens are so ugly. Half the meat will go for pancakes and the other half will be frozen for use another time.

3 comments:

  1. Looks fab! Am with you on the naked chicken. Looks unattractive in the slow cooker but tastes so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5-spice gammon sounds delicious! And I love that you've planned egg, chips, and beans. I'm always ashamed when I put that down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the gammon last night. I marinaded it for an hour or 2 with soy sauce, honey and a good bit of five spice then pan fried it. I served it with rice and stir fry veg.

    I love eggs, chips and beans. You need one quick meal that you know everyone will eat wihtout fuss at least once a week. Sometimes I make Slimming World chips (peel and slice potatoes, par boil, then roast with Fry Light salt and pepper) but even oven chips are not too unhealthy. And it's cheap. Don't be ashamed :D

    ReplyDelete