Monday 24 October 2011

Meal Planning Monday - 24 October

Here we are again: Monday. Last week I was unwell and couldn't be bothered was far too sick to manage to post a meal plan. I regretted it as it definitely makes life easier having a plan. I've also changed my supermarket shopping routine, which is usually online from Asda, to instore at Lidl and Aldi and since I'm not 100% sure what they stock it's not as easy to plan. It's definitely cheaper though. I've saved £45-50 over 2 weeks.

This week's plan is:
 I am not sure what I will substitute for the canned biscuits. Maybe shortcrust pastry, or maybe a type of wholemeal muffin/cobbler type mix?
Garlic lamb chops
Spinach stuffed chicken breasts 
Cottage pie
Chicken Curry
Fridge Frittata


I'll be baking:
 Plum cobbler or crumble (nice and seasonal)
These use cake mix, which I don't normally use. I'll have to substitute heavy cream for the Cool Whip. They just look so tasty.


Go to At Home with Mrs M for more menu plans

2 comments:

  1. How are you finding Lidl/Aldi? I've never been in one so interested to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine. Less choice so shopping is faster. I couldn't get all the spices & herbs I wanted this week so had to go elsewhere for those, but otherwise it's been good. No one's complained about the change in brands - the kids even prefer some of the things.

    ReplyDelete