Wednesday 2 October 2013

An Open Letter to Cadbury


Dear Cadbury, 

I am a longtime loyal customer, having consumed several times my ever increasing bodyweight of your fabulous products over the last 30 something years. (Yes, I know, I am staring down the barrel of 40 but my parents were pretty strict with sugary treats when I was a child and my teeth are grateful to them now.) I will gladly take a bar of Dairy Milk over Hotel Chocolat any day of the week, and my life has been immeasurably better since you relased Jelly Popping Candy Shells. It is therefore with great sincerity that I make two requests which I feel will brighten up the lives of UK residents as we face a bleak winter.

1) Bring back the eyebrows ad



2. Let us have Cherry Ripes


I have been living in the UK for almost 16 years and I still bemoan the inaccessibility of these cherry-chocolatey bars of heaven. I either have to throw myself at the mercy of my Mum and Australia Post, or buy them at obscenely inflated prices from online ex-pat stores. Don't we deserve them here in Britain? If you let us have them I will name my next baby Cadbury Cherry Ripe* in your honour.



Sincerely yours,
Chocolate Lover and CCR's mum

ETA: reply from @CadburyUK



*I should probably let you know my having another child is highly unlikely but let's not let the details get in the way of striking a bargain.










No comments:

Post a Comment