Monday 22 April 2013

Meal Planning Monday - 22 April 2013


Hello and Happy Monday!

Surprise, surprise, I have no meal plan this week. In my defense it's because I have been given a new eating plan to follow and am yet to work out what meals I'll be making. Time, or lack of it, is driving me bonkers at the moment and I feel like a blue-arsed fly. I've taken the plunge and signed up for some personal training sessions which involve me eating 4-5 times a day. That is a LOT of meals to get my head around, never mind wrap my stomach around, and it's taking a little bit of effort.

A typical day now looks something like this: omelet with peppers & spinach; smoothie with strawberries, porridge oats, low fat yoghurt & skimmed milk; chicken stir fry with veg & noodles; meatloaf (added courgette) and veg. This day also included a bowl of chocolate yoghurt made with natural yoghurt, cocoa and a bit of honey but I ate that before I could photograph it. No calorie counting, but portion control and avoiding processed food and white carbs. I now need to go through the list of what sort of foods I should be trying to eat at specific meals and find recipes that fit. Once I have done that meal planning should be easy (she says, hopefully)





 If you have any protein breakfasts that don't include eggs please could you share them with me? I think that's going to be the trickiest meal to sort.

You'll find more Meal Planning Monday posts on Mrs M's linky

No comments:

Post a Comment