Monday 15 April 2013

Meal Planning Monday - 15 April 2013




Welcome to another Monday. I'm just going to gloss over the fact that my Meal Planning posts are a little sporadic lately. You can rest assured I am eating, it's just that blogging is taking a bit of a back seat to everything else that is going on lately. I spend so many hours looking at a PC writing for other people's sites that there are occasions when writing for my own is simply not fun.

Here is what I have on the menu
Slow cooker beef and veg stew with cauliflower mustard mash
Chicken and mushroom pasta with roasted vegetable sauce (Ok, I confess... Asda fresh pasta and sauce!)
Chicken breast roasted with tomatoes & served with wilted spinach
Quorn stir fry with egg noodles
Brown soda bread, egg white omelet, ham and spinach
Crumpets, Quorn sausages, baked beans, crumpets, 2 x egg whites
Quorn shepherd's pie with butternut mash

If you haven't guessed by the omission of egg yolks and significant quantities of Quorn, I am trying to shift a few kilos (plus I had a lot of Quorn in the freezer from when it was 3 for £5 last month) 

I have to tell you about my favourite new food find this week: Rankin's Brown Soda Bread. Man, this stuff is delicious. All nutty and substantial, and really delicious with savoury or sweet toppings.

My other favourite foodie find this week is A Tasty Love Story.  It's written by a Danish woman and I like it as much for the photographs and styling as I do for the recipes. This recipe for Baked Breakfast Bars is on my list of new things to bake

Baked breakfast bars with muesli and raspberries

Have a great week! Remember to hook up with Mrs M's linky and check out more Meal Planning Monday posts. 

4 comments:

  1. You have a delicious sounding week planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever tried Soda bread before...Sounds lovely!
    Great meal plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for brown soda bread! (or wheaten, as it is more commonly known in Northern Ireland :)) It's my favourite bread ever x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the fourth soda bread comment I've read in the last two days. I think it's a sign...I'll have a try making some. Hope your week is as tasty as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete