Saturday 22 September 2012

Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn

I pin so many American recipes without the intention of making them. I just love the photos and the sound of them - kind of like window shopping, I guess. I have 5 kids over this afternoon and the weather is pretty rubbish so I thought I'd try this recipe for Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn I found at Chef-in-Training. I was going to do a s'mores version but stuck to this recipe because at least I know this one works.

These are the instructions but make sure you check out the website as Nikki has some awesome recipes.



Ingredients

Instructions

  1. Pop popcorn until done, remove any unpopped kernels.
  2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
  3. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
  4. Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
  5. Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
  6. Store in an airtight container.

It  goes all sticky when it cools, and it's worth stirring it again before it cools completely as the sauce sinks to the bottom of the pan. It is gorgeous but very sticky


No comments:

Post a Comment