Monday 2 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 2 Jul 2012

Well, hello! Let's not mention that it's been a while, shall we, and crack on with it?

This week's meal plan is:
 Savoury
Slow cooker gammon, roast potatoes and corn on the cob
Frittata with peppers, goats cheese, new potatoes and salad
Sausage and chutney plait with veg - courgette and carrot, maybe?
Spicy Southern Rice
Green Thai chicken curry with bamboo shoots, green beans, and basmati rice

I also have some pork mince in the freezer but am uninspired at the moment. If anyone could suggest something yummy to cook with it (other than burgers, meatballs, and meatloaf), I would be grateful.

Sweet
Cheerio crispy cakes (like rice crispie cakes but with Cheerios)
Youngest son's 5th birthday cake, but he is undecided as to what he wants. I expect it will involve Smarties.

And there we have it. Remember to check out At Home With Mrs M for more Meal Planning Monday ideas. 
 


2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the gammon. I am useless with pork mince. I usually end up blitzing it with apple sauce and cooked onion to make sausage rolls. I seem to recall an Asian dish 'ants crawling up a hill'? that uses it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gammon was gorgeous, and I used the left overs in the frittata last night with some brie.
    I have seen this recipe for the pork that I am going to try:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/412627/minced-soy-pork-with-rice-noodles
    It looks similar to Ants climbing up a tree

    http://chinesefood.about.com/od/pork/r/antsclimbtrees.htm

    ReplyDelete