Monday 28 May 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 28 May 2012



Urgh! 2 weeks without a proper meal plan and boy, do I feel it! I got suckered into the nasty cycle of too busy to plan, too busy to cook. I know that the time I spend planning repays me multiple times over during the week, so why do I have weeks where I think it's not worth the effort? As a result of the hot weather and my lack of planning, we have been eating far too many processed foods and I feel rubbish as a result. 

Today I found a great blog called Health Bent.It has a lot of delicious sounding recipes that look tasty and healthy. Since I feel the need for a week of proper, healthy meals packed with goodness and flavour, I am using quite a few recipes from there (and because I am being lazy and don't wan to trawl the net searching for inspiration this week). I don't follow a Paleo diet but that is not going to stop me from enjoying these meals.

Spinach and Ricotta stuffed mushrooms

Chocolate chip biscuits

So there we are. Hopefully I will finish this week feeling a lot better than I am starting it. Not sure how the kids will go with the menu so I may tweak their meals a little.

Enjoy your week everyone. Remember to check out Mrs M's linky for more Meal Planning Monday posts.

5 comments:

  1. So many interesting meal ideas there! Must check out that website too, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to this week, actually. Every one of these is a new recipe to try out. Definitely what I need to get me out of my rut and feeling healthier again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have a look at that website- sounds like some great meals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those cinnamon cookie roll things look delicious! If I made them I doubt I'd eat any actual food all week, just them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made the cinnamon cake tonight. It's delicious but massive. I have put half of it in the freezer

    ReplyDelete