Monday 14 May 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 14 May 2012

Despite my best laid plans, last week's meals were a bit hit-and-miss (and may have included Domino's pizza). I made the chicken and wild rice casserole, which was lovely and comforting on a miserable weeknight. Instead of doing the gammon with grilled peaches, I improvised and made a sauce with peaches, cranberry sauce, red onion and Dijon mustard. It was really nice! I served it with roasted new potatoes (chopped up with skins on, olive oil, and salt). The enchilada casserole ended up being just enchilada's.

This week, I am aiming to cook:
(this will get eaten as it is in the slow cooker now)
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Quick and delicious weekday chicken
Sausages, brown onion gravy, peas, carrots, and Yorkshire pudding
Courgette, basil and goat's cheese frittata
Meatloaf (beef), mashed potatoes and veg

I have a glut of apples, some shortcrust pastry, and a tin of condensed milk, so I think I may experiment with some sort of caramel apple flan type thing. Even if it looks atrocious, it's bound to taste delicious with those ingredients.

I think I will also bake these no butter sugar biscuits for lunchboxes

As usual, check out Mrs M's Linky for more meal planning posts. I have taken a lot of inspiration from Pinterest this week, and you can see more recipes I have pinned on my Temptingly Tasty Family Food board over there.

1 comment: