Monday 18 February 2013

Meal Planning Monday - 18 February 2013






Phew, bit late in the day to be posting considering I've already eaten dinner but Monday night is better than Tuesday, right?

Last week's meal plan was a success and I really enjoying trying the new recipes people have pinned on the shared Pinterest board. I even made pasta for the first time and it though it was hard work it wasn't difficult.

This week's menu is a little easier to plan because I am Bzzing Maggi So Juicy products at thee moment. It's the first campaign I've done and I was a little sceptical since I am not a big one for packaged spice mixes (with the exception of taco/fajita seasoning). So far I have tried Tuscan Sausage one (with a tin of tomatoes and some water in the slow cooker), Mexican Chicken which was a even with my "no sauce" eating oldest (served with Mexican rice and wraps), and Sticky BBQ which I cooked with pork because even I can't eat chicken every night of the week. So yes, I would buy these to keep in the cupboard for those nights when you can't be bothered but don't want takeaway. 

This week's meal plan is
Sausage Casserole (see above)
Quorn Shepherds Pie with Sweet Potato and cheese Topping
Maggi So Juicy Mixed Herbs for Chicken with Smashed Potatoes
Sweet and Sour Chicken with boiled rice
Savoury Mince and Veg in Giant Yorkshire Pudding
Sweet Chilli Burgers

There was a special on Quorn mince this week so between that, the Maggi sachets and the chicken breast I had in the freezer I am pretty much covered this week.

I have been busy pinning to my Sweet Tooth board. I was hoping to attend my first Clandestine Cake Club meeting but the dates have changed and I'll be away (in Paris, so I'm not complaining!) and it's my birthday next month so I am searching for something really decadent and birthday-worthy to make.

Fudge is one of my favourite things to eat but the one time I tried to make it I failed dismally. It didn't set and I ended up up warming it and serving over ice cream. This time I definitely simmered and stirred for 15 minutes but it's still kind of soft. Does anyone have any tips for successful fudge?

Remember to check out Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday linky for more meal planning posts and let me know if you have any special cake/pudding suggestions. 

Have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment